If you are having issues accessing MusterPoint on your network, please work through these items which should help to identify any possible issues.
What browsers work with MusterPoint?
It is very important that the browser that you use is up to date with the latest patch levels to ensure known security holes have been closed and thus you are not exposing your organisation to attack.
MusterPoint is supported on the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge version 40.1 and up (desktop and mobile)
- Mozilla Firefox version 68 and up (desktop)
- Google Chrome version 75 and up (desktop and mobile)
- Apple Safari version 12 and up (macOS and iOS)
You can check if you are using the current browser version by accessing this site: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
Other versions and browsers may work, but MusterPoint may not be able to investigate and possibly fix errors from such browsers.
End of support for Internet Explorer 11
As of August 30, 2019 we will no longer support Internet Explorer 11. Prior to this we will investigate critical problems with accessing MusterPoint with Internet Explorer but we may not be able to resolve them.
Why are we not supporting Internet Explorer 11?
We’ve decided to discontinue support for Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 11 for several reasons, including some important security considerations:
- IE 11 no longer receives major updates, including security updates since Microsoft released the Edge browser in 2015.
- IE 11 by default, supports TLS version 1.0 only, which has known security issues.
- The old architecture of IE 11 makes our UI work take much longer than it does with modern browser versions.
- It takes a lot of time to make things work just for IE 11, including a lot of tweaks to keep the same functionality. IE11 code is error-prone, and forces us into serious limitations that affect solutions for other browsers. We receive dozens of critical bugs just because of issues related to IE 11.
As of June 30, 2019, you must enable the TLS 1.2 protocol in your browser to access the MusterPoint web UI. All modern browsers use TLS 1.2 by default. This website shows you the version of TLS you have enabled: https://www.howsmyssl.com/
Whitelisting URLs on your network
Your firewall settings could be blocking a domain name used for by MusterPoint. Please ensure you whitelist the following domains on your network and if necessary, set a rule in the firewall to allow access to these domains using UDP:
We use regular port numbers for these domains.